As a professional association in the cosmetics and personal care industry, the Society of Cosmetic Chemists (SCC), founded in 1945, represents nearly 6,000 members globally. The SCC serves as a focus and provides the proper forums for the exchange of ideas and new developments in cosmetic research and technology. With that said, diversity, equity and inclusion are at the core of who we are as an organization. We are committed to advancing, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging because a successful community of industry professionals working together to promote science, innovation, and education is our mission.
We are strengthened by the varied identities, experiences, cultures, and perspectives of our leadership, employees and members. The Society of Cosmetic Chemists is committed to fostering a safe and welcoming environment where everyone is shown respect and dignity, and opportunities for engagement and participation are available regardless of age, appearance, ethnicity, gender identity, geographical location, national origin, professional level, race, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or socioeconomic status.
The Society of Cosmetic Chemists pledges to:
- Stand against racism, intolerance, and discrimination.
- Speak up and address bias wherever we see it, whether conscious or unconscious.
- Foster open, candid, and constructive dialogue.
- Prioritize diversity, equity and inclusion as a primary and essential business function.
- Be an environment in which any individual or group can be and feel welcomed, respected, supported, and valued to fully participate.