Young Scientist Award
Sponsored by Surfatech Corporation (www.surfatech.com)
General Description of the Award
Presented to the Young Scientist, under the age of 40 years, who presented the Best Paper at the preceding Annual Scientific Meeting of the Society of Cosmetic Chemists.
The award consists of a plaque and an Honorarium to be shared among all authors, if applicable. The Committee can recommend that no award be given in any year. This shall in no way effect future selections or the amount of the award in future years.
The Chair of the Committee is the Chair of COSA and the Committee will be members of the COSA committee.
The following criteria shall be considered in the selection and evaluation of nominees:
- The presenter must be under the age of 40 years by December 31st of the year the paper is presented.
- Active membership status in SCC (at least 5 years).
- Contributions to the field of cosmetic science, including patents, publications, and technical presentations.
- Presenter must answer the call for papers.
- Should abstract be selected for presentation, the members of the Award Committee must arrange to attend the scientific sessions at the Annual Meeting to determine papers that may qualify for this award.
- Papers are to be evaluated on the basis of relevance to the cosmetic industry, originality, and quality of oral and audio-visual presentation. Equal weight must be given to each of these criteria.
- After the recommendation is finalized by the Award Chair, the recipient(s) will receive a formal letter. The Award Sponsor will also be notified. All persons participating in the award selection process shall maintain secrecy until the awardee(s) is informed.
- The presentation will be made by a representative of Surfatech, or their designee, at the Awards Luncheon held in conjunction with the Annual Meeting in December.