Interested in running for office on the National level? Learn more about the submission requirements and follow the guidelines detailed below:
HOW TO SUBMIT
- All candidates seeking a National position MUST be General Members in Good Standing.
- Candidates should submit a headshot (hi-res jpeg)
- Complete the National Nominations & Elections form (writable PDF) FOUND HERE. This information will be published online and on the election ballots emailed to each eligible voting member of the Society.
- Submission of all nomination material MUST be returned to Colleen Daddino (firstname.lastname@example.org) by April 15
- Once you have submitted all the necessary documents and forms, the Elections and Nominations Committee will meet to discuss all candidates.
- After reviewing the candidates, the Committee will select who will be placed on the ballot (2 candidates for Vice President-Elect, Secretary and Treasurer positions and up to 3 candidates for all Area Director Positions).
RULES TO FOLLOW
The Society of Cosmetic Chemists is comprised of many Chapters. Not all have the same number of members and financial status. Each Chapter strives for the common goal of providing benefits to its membership in the form of educational programs, social activities and the opportunity for professional advancement under the leadership of its peers. Each elected officer is a volunteer who promises to uphold the interests of all members regardless of their position or status in the organization. In an effort to minimize the impact of population differences and level the playing field for all candidates running for office, the following guidelines have been set.
- Individual Chapters may post candidate statements on Chapter websites providing “equal time” is given to each candidate running for the position for which the statement is written. No other written or electronically generated statements will be allowed. No individual seeking office, or anyone on their behalf, may campaign directly to members via email or other mass solicitation, except as expressly outlined herein.
- All candidates are encouraged to attend monthly meetings and society related events to express their candidacy for office and state their goals in a positive manner without detriment to the society, its members and/or opponent.
- The Society will support a “no tolerance” policy towards all disparaging, slanderous and libelous comments made against an opponent during a campaign and emphasizes that all opponents adhere to the above guidelines and maintain the highest level of professionalism and courtesy during the election campaign process.
- Failure to do so will result in a candidate being removed from the election.
You would make a wonderful addition to SCC Headquarters!
2020 EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
Your board for the current year consists of Mindy Goldstein, PhD (Mindy Goldstein, PhD Consulting) as President; Liz Streland (Croda) serving as Vice President, Michelle Hines, PhD (Mary Kay) assuming the Vice President-Elect position, Yulia Park, PhD (Amway) assuming the National Secretary position and Mark Chandler (ACT Solutions) continuing his term as National Treasurer.
2020 AREA DIRECTORS
Rounding out the Board and serving as Area Directors are:
– Senior Directors Kimberly Burch (Elementis Specialties) and Patricia Singh (Seppic Inc /Air Liquide Healthcare Specialty Ingredients), serving Area I.
– Senior Director Christine Daraska (Croda) and Newly Elected Kayla Ivey (Gojo Industries, Inc.), serving Area II.
– Senior Director Jacklin V. Hoffelt (SNF Holding Company) and Newly Elected Angie Inouye (Charkit Chemical Corp.), serving Area III.
– Senior Director Michelle Linscott (Xytrus, Inc.) and Newly Elected Angela Eppler (Pfizer Consumer Healthcare), serving Area IV.