STUDENTS, PARTICIPATE IN THE 71ST ANNUAL SCIENTIFIC MEETING AS A POSTER PRESENTER
The future of the cosmetic and personal care industry sit in university classrooms all around the world. The Society of Cosmetic Chemists is happy to announce that Student Poster presentations will once again be held in conjunction with the 71st Annual Scientific Meeting & Technology Showcase, scheduled for December 11-12, 2017 at The Westin New York at Times Square in NYC.
Students are encouraged to participate by submitting an abstract of original work where they can exhibit on topics relevant to cosmetic science.
This will offer a great opportunity for students to present their ideas and findings in poster format to potential employers within the industry. Accepted posters will be judged by the Committee on Scientific Affairs and awards will be presented to the best poster in order of First Place ($800), Second ($600), Third ($400) and Fourth ($200). The Student Poster award is sponsored by DD-Chemco and a representative from the company will announce the winners during the Monday, December 11, 2017 Luncheon. Past winners have gone on to work for companies such as KAO USA, Johnson & Johnson and other notable organizations.
The Society will be accepting the best student abstracts to be presented for poster presentations during the Annual Meeting. All abstracts should be an original body of work, written in English and informative, containing:
- Student Name, University Name, Address and Abstract Title
- An objective
- Introduction and background information
- Methods, ingredients or materials used
- Results of the research
- Statement of conclusions
- Recommendations or future work to be done
Posters will be set up by the SCC registration desk during the Annual Meeting. The poster may include experimental data, graphs, illustrations/photos. Complete trade names as well as the INCI nomenclature is requested for ingredients.
Abstracts should be single spaced and no more than 150-200 words.
Abstract submissions should be submitted to email@example.com with the subject line: 71stAnnual Meeting Student Poster Submission
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION
EXTENDED OCTOBER 20, 2017
Please note: All accepted poster presenters must register for the Annual Meeting and should they need room accommodations, should book their room using this link to receive the negotiated rate. All travel expenses, hotel bookings and meeting registrations will be incurred by the student.
For your convenience, please review the following guidelines regarding Poster Presentations:
- The Poster Boards are 4 feet high by 8 feet wide (4’ X 8’) with an actual display space of 3 feet 10 inches by 7 feet 10 inches (3’ 10” x 7’ 10”)
- As a SUGGESTION ONLY, we recommended that your poster be NO MORE than 3 feet high x 4 feet wide with horizontal orientation (as shown below)
- You may begin setting up your Poster on Monday, December 11 between 7:00AM – 9:00AM.
Be sure to pick up your badge prior to poster setup.
- Someone should be present at your poster at all times
- There will NOT be a table in front of the poster board
- The Society will not be held responsible for any personal belongings left unattended at your poster.