The Society of Cosmetic Chemists is delighted to announce the new Green Star Award, which will be presented for the first time at the 71st Annual Scientific Meeting & Technology Showcase. Sponsored by Colonial Chemical, Inc., this award will be presented to the formulator who has done the most to accomplish green formulations during the past 12-month period.
The Green Star Award winner will receive a scroll, a $2,000 honorarium and a complimentary SCC membership for One Full Year!
- To be considered for the Green Star Award, formulators must reply by May 15, 2017
- The submission must be a commercialized product and must include the following:
- Sample of the product in its commercial package
- Complete list of ingredients
- Testing done on the product for efficacy and marketability
- Complete documentation for any agency approvals
- The completed submission should be sent to the SCC National Office, 120 Wall Street, Suite 2400, New York, NY 10005. It will be reviewed by a committee who will make their determination based on the Green Star™ Rating, a classification system developed by industry professionals designed to allow the formulation chemist the ability to maximize the natural component in products. The higher the Green™ Star Rating, the more ‘green’ the product.
While you consider applying, we invite you to also submit an abstract for the Call for Papers where a Green Chemistry session is scheduled for discussion.
The submission deadline for the Green Star Award is May 15, 2017. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact the National Office email@example.com
Good luck to all submissions!