The Society thinks its time to acknowledge more members more often, so we’ve decided to place a spotlight on members whose dedication to the SCC has not gone unnoticed.
CEO/ Founder of Color Design Laboratory Inc.
Member Since 2002
What advice would you give your younger self who is just starting out in the industry?
I would advise my younger self to be patient. Remain in the industry because you enjoy it and because of the fun you derive from developing cosmetic and personal care products.
1) What made you pursue a career in the cosmetics/personal care industry?
I first became interested in the industry after helping one of my friends on some projects. I was instantly captivated by the process of developing and matching color cosmetics products. Seeing the way that others reacted to the makeup products and the way that they enjoyed using them was simply exciting for me.
2) What is the favorite part of your job? My favorite part of being CEO is getting to witness the way that the people and the equipment work in harmony during the production process.
3) What has been your most recent professional accomplishment? I recently developed one of the most sought-after makeup palettes in the market and have also grown my company from an employer of 45 people to 170 people.
4) How has membership in the SCC been of value to you? Being a member of the SCC has granted me the opportunity of interacting with all sorts of colleagues in the industry and has allowed me to exchange experiences and knowledge with them. The friends and colleagues I have met through the SCC have even helped me with my business. I value my membership highly.
5) What is a fun fact about yourself, outside of the SCC and your professional life? I enjoy spending my Sundays eating carne asada and flying my remote control helicopter at the park with my beautiful wife, daughters, and pet dog.