The Society of Cosmetic Chemists’ Committee on Scientific Affairs is happy to announce the accepted abstracts for poster presentation at the 71ST Annual Scientific Meeting and Technology Showcase, scheduled December 11-12, 2017 at The Westin New York at Times Square. Click here for Poster Preprint details
Poster presentations will be made available at the Annual Meeting starting on Monday, December 11TH and will be located on the 9TH floor in the surrounding rooms of the New York Atrium at The Westin New York at Times Square. Posters must be removed by 4:30PM on December 12TH.
The 9TH floor serves as the core of the Annual Meeting; hub for registration, CEP Courses and the Cocktail reception. The Society now asks that you forward your company logo in hi-res jpeg format and a brief biography (100 words or less) of your organization to be shared with all Annual Meeting attendees. Submissions can be sent to Colleen Daddino via email at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, September 1, 2017. As your position cannot be held indefinitely, space for your presentation can only be reserved once payment has been received.
For your convenience, please review the following guidelines regarding Poster Presentations:
- The Poster Boards are 4 feet high by 8 feet wide (4’ X 8’) with an actual display space of 3 feet 10 inches by 7 feet 10 inches (3’ 10” x 7’ 10”)
- As a SUGGESTION ONLY, we recommended that your poster be NO MORE than 3 feet high x 4 feet wide with horizontal orientation (as shown below)
- You may begin setting up your Poster on Monday, December 11 between 7:00AM – 9:00AM.
Be sure to pick up your badge prior to poster setup.
- Someone should be present at your poster at all times
- There will NOT be a table in front of the poster board
- The Society will not be held responsible for any personal belongings left unattended at your poster.
Please note that all Poster presenters are required to register for the Technology Showcase (Free until October 31ST). However, this year the Society has scheduled the Technology Showcase alongside the Cocktail Reception, providing presenter(s) with additional time to showcase their research to Annual Meeting Attendees. Should you wish to take advantage of this additional time during the Cocktail Reception or attend any of the Technical Talks or Luncheon, presenter(s) must instead register as a Full Registrant(s).
You can register quickly and easily online at www.scconline.org/annualmeeting2017. As attendees are coming from all over the world, it is important to note that rooms for the SCC room block at The Westin New York are booking quickly (our room block is now 65% booked). Register for the meeting today and then reserve your room with this link to receive the special SCC room rate of $299. *Please note the cancellation policy: Cancellation of your room MUST be made prior to Monday, October 16, 2017 or you will be held responsible for 1 room night plus tax.
Technology Showcase Presenters
- Angus Chemical Company
- BASF Colors & Effects USA LLC
- BASF Corporation
- Biocogent LLC
- Bloomage Freda
- Chemours Company
- Colonial Chemical
- DOW Corning Corporation
- DuPont Tate & Lyle Bio Products
- Eckart America
- EMD Performance Materials/Merck KGaA
- Evonik Goldschmidt Chemical Corporation
- Frontier Cosmetics
- Genemarkers, LLC
- Idea Tests Group
- International Federation of the Societies of Cosmetic Chemists (IFSCC)
- James L. Winkle College of Pharmacy at the University of Cincinnati
- Jarchem Industries Inc.
- Koster Keunen
- Lubrizol/Lipotec Corporation
- MMP, Inc.
- Natural Sourcing
- New York Society of Cosmetic Chemists
- Robertet Group
- Vevy Europe S.p.A.
*As of August 2, 2017
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Society office. We look forward to these presentations at this year’s Annual Scientific Meeting & Technology Showcase.